Summer Concert Series in Falls Church City
If you in Northern Virginia you’re going to LOVE this event announcement from Falls Church City! The Summer Concerts in the Park Series – hosted by the Village Preservation and Improvement Society (VPIS) and the Recreation and Parks Department – returns this year to Cherry Hill Park! Falls Church City has been hosting this event for 28 years! They’re excited to announce its return after having to take a year off due to the pandemic.
Now that we’re making some real progress with vaccinations we can all envision a summer of being able to partake in activities again! These concerts are going to be your favorite way to spend Thursday nights this year. Join us in the park for a bit of music, relaxation and hopefully some good weather!
Beginning on June 17, enjoy live music from local bands and musicians every Thursday night starting at 7:00 p.m. in Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.) This is the perfect spot to bring a blanket and a picnic dinner with you to the concerts, and enjoy your night out. If you live nearby but haven’t yet visited the park -now’s your chance! This sweet little park in the center of Falls Church City is the perfect spot for kids to play, ride bikes and have some fun outdoors.
Things to Know about the Event:
- Great for families, bring a picnic dinner and the kids for a night out
- Advanced registration is no longer required
- You can find free parking on side streets or in one of two public parking garages
With all the time we’ve spent apart from each other this past year, let’s get back into the swing of things by enjoying some music together! Have any questions or concerns? Contact the Recreation and Parks Special Events group, via email or call 703-248-5077
This Summer’s Falls Church Concert Series Line-up:
- Thursday, June 17 at 7PM Falls Church Concert Band (Instrumental)
- Thursday, June 24 at 7PM Nomad (Classic Rock)
- Thursday, July 1 at 7PM Flowerbomb (Alternative Rock)
- Thursday, July 8 at 7PM Moonshine Society (Blues)
- Thursday, July 15 at 7PM Andrew Acosta (Roots)
- Thursday, July 22 at 7PM Lil’ Maceo (Funk)
- Thursday, July 29 at 7PM Big Tow (Rock and Blues)
And while you’re in town…
Don’t forget to pop by the shop to visit us at our Boutique in Falls Church City! We are open in our NEW location. We’re right next to Panera and our Main Entrance is located on Pennsylvania Avenue! There’s even free parking in the garage right next door, so be sure to come by and say Hello!